Pizzeria Paradiso

124 King Street
Alexandria, VA  22314
703.837.1245
www.eatyourpizza.com
Pizzeria Paradiso on Urbanspoon

I met up with a friend of mine here on a blustery Thursday night and I thought since it was located right in the heart of Old Town that it would be full of people and difficult to get a table.  That simply wasn't the case.  The space is big but deceptively big with its tall ceilings and wide open design.  But, with so few tables occupied on a Thursday, it looked massive.


The first thing you notice on the menu is that they have quite an extensive beer collection.  Beers from around the country and around the world.  Something to suit everyone.  I would recommend whatever cask ale they have on tap.  I can't remember the name of the one I drank but it was deep and brown and had the rich almost chocolate flavor you expect from a cask ale.  Unfortunately for the pizza, it was not what was expected.  We ordered two of the simpler pizzas on the menu, the Margherita (Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella) and the Bosco (Tomato, Mushrooms, Spinach, Red Onion, and Mozzarella).  While the ingredients on top were fine and tasted fresh, what really makes a pizza is the crust.  For a traditional, thin crust, brick oven pizza, this crust was a bit lacking.  The dough came out a bit thicker than expected and it lacked the burnt, crusty flavors you look for in this type of pizza.  I don't know if it was because of a slow night due to weather or if this was typical of this particular location but I would probably look elsewhere if you're looking for better pizza fare than Papa John's or Pizza Hut.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of eating here, but because of your blog I'm having second thoughts. How much do they cost? Is it worth it to eat there because I'm tired of Pizza Hut already and want to try one something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better than Pizza Hut but more expensive. It's worth a try if you're trying to upgrade.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment! I would love to hear what anyone thinks of any of the content on this blog. But, please always be respectful of others who comment here also. Hope you're enjoying.