Tour of Beer: World of Beer


901 N. Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22203
703.962.6982
http://wobusa.com/Locations/ArlingtonVA.aspx
World of Beer on Urbanspoon

So......

This place opened a block away from where I live in Ballston.  It's the latest in a chain of bar across the US that serves, I think, over 500 beers on tap and in bottles at all their locations.  They have a small menu that consists of basically pretzels and hot dogs but allow you to order from other places in the neighborhood and bring your own food in.  They've got the pre-requisite cute waitresses, lots and lots of TVs, and even sometimes have live entertainment.  They even have this loyalty program that comes with a t-shirt.  Blah. Blah. Blah.


All that is secondary.  It's all about the beer.  Now, I know there are more serious beer offerings in the area (Rustico comes to mind) and this really is just one big old hot mess of beer that's just a touch above your neighborhood bar.  But, did I mention it was a block away from where I live and I got a loyalty card?  I've made new section to track the beers I try at World of Beer.  Welcome to my own person Tour of Beer.  Today's choices were the Great Lakes Eliot Ness Lager and the Sixpoint Sweet Action Pale Ale.  The Eliot Ness was a bit richer and heavier but still had a nice creamier flavor.  The Sixpoint was more crisp and light with a slight (very slight) citrus edge.

Great Lakes Eliot Ness Lager
Eliot Ness Great Lakes Lager
Sixpoint Sweet Action Pale Ale
Sixpoint Sweet Action Pale Ale



Stay tuned!  I'll be back for sure.

0 comments:

Please feel free to comment! I would love to hear what anyone thinks of any of the content on this blog. But, please always be respectful of others who comment here also. Hope you're enjoying.