Food We Love: PBR

PBR

I mentioned this a bit in my post about Volt when I was pleasantly surprised that they offered PBR on their menu.  In recent years PBR has become somewhat popular and accepted throughout a variety of venues.  I'm not going to say that I buy into the "hip"-ness of the beer or that it has some fantastic flavors that you can't find anywhere else.  What I do know about PBR is that I really enjoy the taste of the beer since I can consume a good quantity without feeling weighed down.  I also know that some of my fondest experiences while in NYC involved long afternoons of drinking tall boys of PBR.  There isn't a better place than Doc Holliday's, in the East Village, to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon while drinking PBR.  Among the trendy and chic in TriBeCa, you can find The Patriot Saloon and it wouldn't be a complete visit unless you had some PBR and tequila.  Automatic Slim's near the MPD wouldn't be the same without some PBR.  I guess this is not only a nod to one of my favorite beers but also my affinity for dive bars.  In all my experience, I just think it's hard to beat having a few PBRs with good friends in a casual atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. I fondly remember $1.25 Happy Hour pitchers of PBR at the Rutgers College Tavern when I was an undergrad back in 1980 or so. I can't say that it blew me away with flavor, but it went down smooth and easy, never offended, and did its job.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! I would love to hear what anyone thinks of any of the content on this blog. But, please always be respectful of others who comment here also. Hope you're enjoying.